Monday, March 5, 2012

Finger Paints and Slime

We have some crayola "washable" finger paints for the kids but I rarely let them use these paints in the house. Not only do I find that these paints aren't very washable I can't stand the smell of them. It's an overpowering soapy smell that makes me sneeze if I even open the cupboard that they're in let alone when the containers are actually open. But Abby and Syd have been getting a bit bored of the watercolour paints that I will let them use in the house so I went on a search to find some homemade paints and I sure found lots of recipes. Decided to give this one here a try. I have to say it worked out great although I still think the kids would have had more fun with it outside on their easel (come on Spring!) and they needed a good bath afterwards, LOL.


This weekend it was once again bitterly cold and we decided to stay indoors. Chose to pass some of the time by making some more Slime. This time we used a different recipe and it made a different kind of slime than our first one. The cornstarch/water slime was a little easier to clean up off their clothes but this one was an easier clean up off of everything else...I'm a little torn as to which I prefer but the kids seemed to like this one better because it didn't "melt" as quickly. Randomly picked this recipe here

No comments: